Welcome to Nomad Kayak Club
Formed in 1973 we are based at the beautiful Rickmansworth Aquadrome in southwest Hertfordshire.
The club offers a wide range of kayaking and canoeing opportunities and our members range from complete beginners to elite sport paddlers who represent Great Britain.
Contact us to find out how you can get involved.
It's important for anyone kayaking or canoeing to be safe and competent on the water so Nomad Kayak Club offers a number of British Canoeing (BC) recognised courses to achieve this. Contact us for details.
If broadening your horizons appeals, Nomads arranges more than a dozen trips each year in the UK and Europe. Our members have competed in international competitions, paddled Alpine and Pyrenean rivers, the Grand Canyon USA and probably on every continent worldwide.
Nomad Kayak Club encourages young people to learn canoeing and kayaking and many members who joined us when young now have children paddling with us. To facilitate this the club has a dedicated youth officer focusing on our under 18 membership.
- Venue: Nomad Kayak Club, The Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1NB (no post please)
- Age Range: 10 upwards (a minimum height also applies to use equipment safely)
- Cost: 2018/2019 all inclusive annual membership rates: Under 18s £50, Full-time students under 22 £60, Adults £70, Family £130
- Core Club Timings and Repeats: Recreational sessions run Sundays at 10:00am (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:30pm (May to September), Polo training sessions run Sundays at 10:30am (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:00pm (During summertime only)
- Booking Info: Session booking in advance is required to ensure appropriate coaching
- Venue Info: Nomad Kayak Club Venue Details
- Contact: email@example.com
- Website: www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk