Welcome to the Nomad Kayak Club
Formed in 1973, the club has always been based in South-West Hertfordshire and our current home is located within the grounds of the Rickmansworth Aquadrome.
We are a family oriented club that is happy to cater for anyone who is able to safely participate in the sport. Our inclusive membership style means that overall costs are kept low enough that no-one is excluded based on the cost of participation.
The club offers a multitude of canoeing and kayaking opportunities, our members range from complete beginners through to elite paddlers who represent Great Britain.
If you are keen to find out more please contact us, and we will be able to explain more about the club and how to get involved.
It is important for anyone keen on canoeing / kayaking to be safe and competent when on the water, the Nomad Kayak Club offers a number of British Canoe Union (BCU) recognised courses to achieve this. Again, if you are interested please make contact and we can tell you more.
The club has a number of home water paddling opportunities, ranging from lakes and canals to a sheltered teaching area and competition training facility.
If broadening your horizons is appealing, the club arranges many trips across the UK and Europe. Members have competed in international competitions, paddled alpine rivers and even the Colorado in Nevada USA.
The club has a dedicated youth officer who is focused on developing our U18 membership, they recently put together a video of our activities across 2012, which you can view below or directly on YouTube: Nomad Kayak Club 2014 Showreel
The Nomad Kayak Club is always keen for young people to get involved in canoeing / kayaking, many members joined when they were very young and now have their own children who paddle with us.
- Venue: Nomad Kayak Club, The Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1NB (no post please)
- Age Range: 10 upwards (minimum height applies in order to safely use equipment)
- Cost: 2017 Annual membership rates: U18 £50, FTE U22 £60, Adult £70, Family £130
- Core Club Timings and Repeats: Recreational sessions run Sunday @10:00 (all year) and Wednesday @18:30 (May to September), Polo training sessions run Sunday @10:30 (all year) and Wednesday @18:00 (BST only)
- Booking Info: Booking in advance is required to ensure appropriate coaching is on hand
- Venue Info: Nomad Kayak Club Venue Details
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk
|Recreational Group||Polo Group||Twitter Feed|