Rickmansworth Festival 16th/17th May 2015
Next weekend is the Rickmansworth Festival and your club needs your help to promote the club and let festival goers know who we are and what we do. This means we can recruit more members and remain a healthy and active club.
To promote the club, we will have an information stand at the clubhouse and we will be running ‘Come and Try’ sessions on Saturday 17th at 1pm, 3pm & 4.30pm and Sunday 18th 11.30am, 1pm & 3.30pm. There will also be Canoe Polo Demonstrations on both days at 2pm. Help is required from 10am on both days.
Over the weekend there will be no formal recreational or polo sessions but there will be plenty of opportunity for all members to kayak at some stage during the weekend.
How can you help? These are just some of the areas where help is required over the weekend:
- Getting things ready – setting up the information stand, moving boats/equipment to the water
- Help on the information stand – handing out flyers and talking to passers by
- ‘Come & Try’ Sessions administration – Taking payment and making sure non-member consent & feedback forms are completed
- ‘Come & Try’ Sessions – Running the sessions, assisting with sessions, talking to participants
- Polo Demonstrations – On the water and pitchside to explain the game
- Catering – Running the BBQ at the club house for helpers
If you are able to spare some time and help, whether it be for the whole weekend or a few hours on either Saturday or Sunday, please email Mike and let us know whether you can help with any of the above.
The more members helping means less work for everyone, giving all members a chance to explore the festival themselves. If you need a parking permit for the aquadrome car park for the festival weekend please also provide your vehicle registration number. Parking permits will be issued later in the week.